Thursday 11 November 2010

Chosen idea

I have thought about different ideas including ink and water turning into different things associated with SKY Arts and then the SKY Arts logo. I have also thought about different artists and taking inspiration from them, mainly looking at Eadward Muybridge.

My first idea was a zoetrobe and as it spun around the SKY Arts logo is animated. It will have an old style effect on it so it looks like it came form the time of Muybridge. This made me look into other work done by Muybridge and led me into film and the idea of having a film projector playing Muybridge's work and have the SKY Arts logo incorporated.

I liked this idea the most so have begun to look at reference images for old film projectors.

I now have three tests to complete. I need to model the film projector, I need to find away of making it look as though I am projecting footage onto a screen and i need to do some light tests to find the best way of making it look like a realistic projection.

No comments:

Post a Comment