Tuesday 7 December 2010

Footage

While I am making slow progress on the model, I have decided to make the footage that will play onto the screen. It was hard to find any footage that was not copyrighted and that I could easily edit. There were plenty of images on the internet so I decided to use the images, cut them up and create my own footage. This way I could also add the Sky Arts logo. 

It took some PhotoShop work, a lot of slicing and building up of layers and some creative thinking to create my different images to create my final footage. I wanted to have the Sky Arts logo look as though it was part of the original film so i had to use some blending and blurring techniques. I originally wanted in on the horse but the soon discovered the horse bends and contorts too much for me to add the logo on its back. I then decided to add it to the corner but to make it look even more authentic, have it moving slightly from frame to frame to male it look jumpy - just like it would of looked in that century. 

This is an example of one of the images:


There is eleven of these images which make a sequence which is looped. The end footage is also very jumpy and flickery which is the old style effect I was going for. 

This is my footage so far:





This has definitely been a successful couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment