Thursday 16 December 2010

Progress at last

I have finally managed to finish my model ofthe projector. I have also added the screen which the footage will be played on. I found it hard to find a way to make it look as though the footage was playing on the screen. This was because there is some mist in the light so if I was putting it into after effects, then I would of had to of found a way to get the image behind the mist and that was too complicated formme. Especially as I had done some experimenting with mist and compositing two pieces of footage so they played at the same time. It did not go well so I looked at a few different methods. After toning to one of my peers, I decided to create an animated texture on the screen which would look much better. After looking at some tutorials and knowing I had already created the footage, I created a successful animated texture.

The next issue I have is getting the film to move through the cogs. But again, after talking to one of my peers, I decided to use another animated texture so that I appears to move without actually moving. Whether this will be as successful as the other, I do not know but I shall give it a try.

After that I will just need to texture the metal parts, add a little animation to the reels and then render. At least I can see the finish line... Almost.

No comments:

Post a Comment