Sunday 2 January 2011

The end is near!

I have done the model, I have textured it, I have added the lights and added the cameras.

I added the piece of film which goes all around the cogs and added an animated texture. I made it slightly transparent to give a better effect. I also smoothed the reels slightly to make them less geometric but they do not seem to stay smoothed on the renders. Im not too worried because i think they look good even when they are not smoothed. I am pleased with how my model turned out. It looks like a projector and could get away with it being a real model. I am pleased that I managed to do it with only one reference image. This was due to the lack of images I could find of the same projector. I had to take away some of the cogs and switches because they were not important or could not see where they went to or how they fit in.

This is my final model.

This is mostly untextured. I wanted the texture to have a metal look to it but still be a grey colour. I made the base red to add some colour and on the photo, it looks like that is supposed to be the colour of the base. Below is a close up shot of the cogs and screws of my model. This also has the metal texture applied with the red base and the black object which sits in front of the reel.



 I added the film reel and then made it slightly transparent and the picture below shows how the film wraps around the cogs and screws. It does not have the texture applied to it but this will be the an animated texture to make it look as though it is moving between the reel.


The picture below shows the image when it is rendered and has had the animated texture applied to it. It also gives a good idea of how the projector works with the film going past the lens to be projected onto the screen. It shows the film going between the two reels. This image also gives a better view of the textures. 


The image below shows the setup of my scene. It shows the lighting and the screen with the large animated texture on. The screen will show the footage that I created earlier. The cameras will be positioned at different angles to show the different areas of the projector.


This image below shows where the cameras are going to go. The light will have to be changed slightly for each cameras to show the best parts. In some cameras, the parts are much darker so by adding and moving the lighting, it will show them better. The mood of the piece is going to be quite dark because its a projector and rarely do you have a light on when a projector is going.



All I have left to do is render the four cameras and then put the footage into After Effects and add the audio. Each angle is on the screen for two seconds, apart from the last, which will make it fit to the music perfectly (I hope). But this is the last stage now. It is slightly annoying that the reels will not be smooth in the finished render but that is a small issue that does not look too bad.





No comments:

Post a Comment