Sunday 9 January 2011

Finished product.

Here is my finished ident.



It took a long time to render. There was also issues with my software which caused problems but after a bit of tweaking I got going again. I made quite a large mistake - not changing which camera to render, so all my footage came out of the same camera. This meant I had to render it all again. Once it was all rendered, I put it into After Effects and added the audio. This fitted perfectly which was a big bonus.

I am quite happy with the way it turned out but I think there could be some improvements.

The first being smoothing the reels. The more I watch my work, the more it annoys me that they are not smoothed. It didn't bother me at first but now it keeps niggling at me. It took over an hour to render, and hour to upload and some more time putting ti into After Effects so this close to the deadline, it can stay unsmoothed.

I would have also liked to have added a background. This I didn't even think about until about ten minutes ago. I don't think you would have been able to see it because it is so dark, but I would have liked to experiment all the same.

I had big issues with the lighting. I have discovered I cannot do lighting AT ALL. I must have wrestled with the lighting for at least a day trying to get it right. I think I need to read a few books and practice a lot more. I think the reflective textures didn't help too much either but at least I have learnt from this.

One thing I can definitely say is that the next project, I will manage my time much better. I managed to finish before the deadline but there is a lot of things I would have liked to improve and change so the extra time would have been better.

Anyway, it is done so lets move on to the next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment